Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  Comic Reactions
| | |-+  Cast page
Pages: [1]
Topic: Cast page  (Read 5362 times) Print
hustlertwo

Position: Aimless Driver

I was looking at your cast page (which is excellent, by the way), and since I'm working on something like this for my own comic, I thought I might pick your brain on the subject, if you don't mind.  Specifically, I was wondering how long after the comic started that you put it up, and how often you update it.
-------------------------------
quot;Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
If you're interested, come check out my comic, Nuclear Powered Toaster, at http://www.nuclearpoweredtoaster.com
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
Steve

Group: Administrator
Position: Hiyah-weizen

I don't even remember when we started it, I think it was fairly soon after, I know that it was definitely part of the original site rewrite I did. That had to have been a few months after we started the comic, right?

It is infrequently updated, because we're lazy.
Steve
In  the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower's a perfect one
Matt

Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

Yeah, almost certain we put up the cast page very very soon after starting.  As soon as we had Matt Steve and Lara introduced.

I update it whenever I happen to look at it and say, "Egads, that's out-of-date!"
I like cheese.
hustlertwo

Position: Aimless Driver

Thanks.  One more question: when you first started out with it, did you do it one character at a time, or put all the characters that you had thus far up all at once?  I'd hoped to have the cast pages for the four main characters of Nuclear Powered Toaster up by this week (sort of a small thing to celebrate the mini-milestone that is our 25th strip), but my artist is having trouble getting to those this week since he's heading off to college, and also dealing with the next regular comic and the guest strip to celebrate Hellbound's 100th.  But he will have one of the four bios done quite soon.  So I need to decide whether to put that up as something of a placeholder, or wait until all of them are knocked out and update it as a set.  Not a big deal, but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask a little advice from some people who've been doing this a lot longer than I've even been reading webcomics.
quot;Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
If you're interested, come check out my comic, Nuclear Powered Toaster, at http://www.nuclearpoweredtoaster.com
Matt

Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

I put everyone I had (which was three people) up at one time.  I don't think it'd be awful to put up one at a time, though it might be better in the beginning when you have few characters.  That way visitors drop in and get to see everyone.
I like cheese.
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: