Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  News
| | |-+  Musings at Work
Pages: [1]
Topic: Musings at Work  (Read 5273 times) Print
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

Penwork on the Celes drawing is underway.  The previous incarnation can still be seen by voting here.

Trying to shade a comic with a lap top optical mouse (tiny) on a wood-grain surface is an experience somewhat akin to how I imagine driving while heavily drunk must feeling.  The exception being that cars don't have a tendency to suddenly be moving at 500mph in a direction opposite of where they were headed just a moment prior.  It's amazingly hard to get non-wobbly edges to shading on which I want smooth edges.

The house we were going to buy was not a house.  Our realtor went to the court house to find out tax informaiton fro the property and found that it was listed as a double trailer.  Oh, it gets worse.  The home inspector (who refused to be paid) got there early and looked around and one of the neighbors came over and gave him the scoop.  Apparently it was two trailers, that they move up the hill, lifted up, and built the foundation undearneath, then built a peaked roof (with no ventilation) over the trailer roofs.  Awesome! When we got there, the first words out of his mouth were, "You guys need to run away from this place." Luckily, the fact that it's a double trailer (and thus requires a higher downpayment and interest rate) alone is enough to invoke two seperate escape clauses in the agreement, let alone other major problems the home inspector noticed.

I was biting my lip the other friday (note this is during Lent, when eating the flesh of land dwelling animals is forbidden me) when suddenly I had to wonder if I was breaking that abstinence.  Does biting (and hence consuming a small portion of) one's lip count as eating the flesh of a land-dwelling animal?  Are we even considered animals according to the Bible?  Someone really ought to write up some guidelines about such a thing.  I resolved the issue by deciding that I was not, in fact, and animal.  Hey, it was convenient.
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
minignome
Position: Lesser Justice

So, was it like you had to leave one trailer to enter the other one under the same roof?  That's a pretty scary prospect.

As far as lent is concerned I can't remember who said this but I'd guess it was Jon Stewart.  He described Lent as being like paying retail when you can get it wholesale as rosh hashanah and yom kippur.  Pretty sure you can chew your lip during the services at the synagogue.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile Email
Matt

I guess they tore down one of the walls.  Or something. It's really hard to tell the place is any amount of trailer, to be honest.  But there were a lot of other problems with it that weren't easily apparent too.

It's sad, becasuse it looks like ar eally nice place.  It's just all the hidden not niceness that's a major drag.
I like cheese.
foidulus
Position: Aimless Driver

I meant for my post I made in the next thread down to be made in this thread instead.

What is that Mistress Wenzel?  You want to punish me?  Please!(Interjection) Be gentle!(imperative)
ever Accepted Nancyless Chinese Yodels Whilst Imbibing Lovely Lagers Yet Our Undying Mores Always Residually Run Yesterday So O.K?
PeterDracos
Position: Aimless Driver

So it's like a prefab house that they cheated on!

Celes is looking nice, by the way.  And please please please do not test that driving similie.  I like your comic!
Matt

Basically, yeah.  Except modular houses appreciate whereas trailers depreciate in almost every circumstance.  Well, I've already shaded a few comics in that situation, so.. too late!  Unless you mean the actual driving half of it.  But it's okay, to do that I'd need to a) drive while heavily drunk and b) have a lot of invisible force-delivery devices around that somehow do not crumple the car.
I like cheese.
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: