Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  News
| | |-+  Talking About Pigma Microns
Pages: [1]
Topic: Talking About Pigma Microns  (Read 4081 times) Print
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

I love Pigma Micron pens, but there is always an ounce of hate to go with all that love.  I'm talking specifically about new Pigma Microns.  I left the bold ink they put down, but there is always a lot of wacky variance during their "new" period.  I use the 02 size to do character faces and to thicken up the lines on the edges   Recently, the 02 I was using was on its last legs.  Its line thickness was closer to an 01 than an 02, but it still was shpitting out ink, so I kept on chugging until Michael's got them in.

So I bought a nice new 02 and my goodness does it put ink on the paper.  It just puts ink on paper a little too well.

The new 02 seems to be closer to an 04 (which they don't make). 02's are supposed to be .3mm, (03s are .35mm).  This honestly puts lines on the paper that are thicker than the 03 I use to do background details  Some of my facial details are now a little thicker than usual until the 02 manages to wear its way down to normalcy again.  Luckily, the eyes won't be affected since I use an 005 for them (otherwise they'd probably turn out to be solid black blobs)

Now all is not lost; If I put almost no pressure on the pen, it'll tend to be thin enough.  However, you have to realise that I have never had very steady hands.  They always have a slight shake in them.  I blame this on too much caffeine, but it could be any number of things (yet I can paint eyes on miniatures such that you might use to play Warhammer, go figure).  If I put hardly any pressure on the pen, the line tends to get very very wobbly.

I don't really have much of a point to this news post except maybe one of you out there knows how to better tame the mighty pen.

In other news, I do have the penwork for the Sally incentive nearly finished. Look for that possibly tonight..
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
minignome
Position: Lesser Justice

Remove the offensive appendage and replace it with a robotic counterpart!
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile Email
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: