Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  News
| | |-+  LOST Rant (Also, New Incentive)
Pages: [1]
Topic: LOST Rant (Also, New Incentive)  (Read 4251 times) Print
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

I stuck a new voting incentive up at TWC.  Just a pencil sketch of Lara I did that I plan to ink and color later.  I like how it came out.  See that by voting here.

LOST ticked me off last Wednesday, but not for any reason related to the plot so much as it does to them obviously stealing an idea straight from my brain.  You see, I have been cursed with the ability to create neat concepts and then have popular games or shows or movies steal them right from my brain before I can manage to take advantage of them.  When I was much younger, I invented a magical technology for a D&D world that I called Magitek.  It was primarily drawn by infusing energy released from magical beings.  Three or for years later, Squaresoft came out with Final Fantasy 6 (FF3 in the U.S.).  I was fairly pissed off, except that the game was pretty awesome, so I couldn't hold any ill feelings towards them.

Fast forward to present day.  Further in this paragragh, there are spoliers for last week's episode of LOST.  However, if you are a fan and haven't seen the episode yet, then you deserve to be spoiled, so nyaaah.  Anyway, one of the concepts introduced in this past episode was that the universe has a habit of course-correcting itself.  This is how we know that Charlie is going to die sooner or later (probably sooner) and that Desmond had no chance of escaping his button-pushing fate.  I suppose it was there so that we can get that whole fate vs. free will vibe going, but whatever.  The problem with LOST introducing this is that that concept there is the key central operating rule of the universe in which Fodi exists (I call it the Fodiverse).

Heh. There, you've gotten some Fodi-specific plot spoiled.  Sorry about that, but I had to rant, and it's probably not that original of a concept to begin with except that I was going to use it (and probably still will) and now a popular TV show recently used it, so now I'm going to look like a hack. Hrmph.  Granted, it's not a huge plot detail for Fodi, so at least you aren't going to learn that Lara is a brazillian orangutan that has developed super sexy secret powers (just kidding!).
Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 01:32:22 PM by Matt
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
Steve

Group: Administrator
Position: Hiyah-weizen

That reminds me of how Robert Jordan and I independently had the same ideas about some stuff. Except for the whole three girls agreeing to share a guy. Even I wouldn't think that possible.

Edit: P.S. I took away karma from you, because who can't resist clicking a button labelled "smite"?  :lol:

Edit 2: I f*cked with the database to give myself the max karma :-p
Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:59:21 AM by Steve
-------------------------------
Steve
In  the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower's a perfect one
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
Nentuaby
Group: Guest
Amazing. I do believe, by cheating for it, you have given yourself 2^16-1 paradoxical ANTI-KARMA.
 IP: [ Logged ]

Email
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: