Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  News
| | |-+  Here's The Deal
Pages: [1]
Topic: Here's The Deal  (Read 6850 times) Print
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

So my update schedule has gone to pot this month; I mean it's been downright awful.  I'd like to blame it on just always being busy, but while being busy has contributed to it, the real issue is that I've been having trouble writing the scripts I've envisioned in my mind.  Not wanting to write some awful piece of script and throwing up a comic that will probably be intensely subpar, I've instead opted to just not draw some.  As a result, less comics have been presented over the weeks.

Of course, I have also been distracted by Sims 2 and Zelda. Cough.

I've known what I want the story do do, I know how I want the characters to be individuals, and I know where thigns need to go, but some of the details of such things have been slow to work out.  I'm going to get you a comic Wednesday, Thursday and Friday if it kills me (okay, if it kills me, you probably won't be getting those comics--I'd be dead).  And then I'll do my best of hit my weekday update schedule as normal.  Right now I'm just a little down and disillusioned, and those times have always passed in the past.  Nobody ever often commented real comments in the comments for the individual archive strips in the past, but I received enough feedback through them that I've really come to miss them.  So you should all send Steve a message asking him to work out how to get anti-spam features in the comments so that we can bring them back.  This will accomplish one of two things: a) Apathy or b) Sending Steve into a berserk rage, where this power level will grow to over NINE THOUSAND, hence allowing him to overthrow the world leaders and form a fair, just system of government where we can all be happy*.  Either way it's win-win, right?

Or you could all just comment on the forum, but ya'll seem to be averse to forums.  And I can't really blame you, I've lost track off all the forums I stopped visiting because of not being able to keep track of them.

Also, if anyone happens to have an 05 Pigma Micron Pen that they can magically teleport into my giant Altoids tin, I'd appreciate it very much. No, I'm not crazy.... sorta.  I just keep my pens in a giant Altoids tin, because it's convenient for travel/portability.  My 05 is shot.  Kaput.  It's rather hard to draw with the 03, because the line width just isn't right, and I have a harder time doing the character outlines with it (which is why things have been looking worse lately) and the 08s are too fat. Seriously, those pens need to stop eating so dang much.  The closest stores that sell them are each abot 45 minutes away.

* Happiness not guaranteed.
Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:29:19 PM by Matt
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
Lindsay

Position: Soldier of Justice

Steve needs to fix my laptop first. Steve, if you are reading this, you need to fix my laptop first. It's almost June, which means my warranty expires soon, and if Little Nappy does not start reading CDs soon and working the way that it used to, I am going to hurt someone.
She's so deliciously low, so horribly dirty.
Very Sleepy People

"Sed omnia praeclara tam difficilia quam rara sunt."
Steve

Position: Hiyah-weizen

Sigh. Let this be the official "make demands of Steve" thread :-p

Matt: Get us a wordpress api key (sign up for a blog at wordpress.com) so we can use akismet, I'll look at modifying the comment script to check against the spam stuff. This could happen in the next week or two. Blame Lindsay.

Lindsay: We'll call Dell tonight. Brush up on your Hindi.
Steve
In  the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower's a perfect one
adam
Group: Guest
Hey Buchwald

To be honest, I'd rather eat steak than hot dogs. Glad you're not bullshittin' yourself by thinking things through.

Good luck and get rechargin'!

-adam / Mulberry Gallows
 IP: [ Logged ]

Email
Lindsay

Position: Soldier of Justice

Why must I be blamed for everything? :P I asked you like 3-4 months ago, but you were busy and like 400 miles away. It just occurred to me when I realised that it's almost June. Soon you can rid your hands of me and send me 600 miles away. (Aside from that minor issue of me needing your help exorcising my printer, because every time I turn it on it prints out things other than those which I ask it to, and the last time it was an AIM conversation. Thankfully, it only did it when I was there.  I don't need a rogue printer printing out whatever it darn well pleases off of my computer. That could become... problematic.)

And, uhm. I don't do phones. Besides, it might not be Hindi. It could be Urdu. Or Bengali. Or Punjabi.
She's so deliciously low, so horribly dirty.
Very Sleepy People

"Sed omnia praeclara tam difficilia quam rara sunt."
Desulas
Group: Guest
Took a week of getting in trouble at work, but i finally read the comic begging to end. Beautiful writing my friend if you wrote a novel i do believe i would buy it. Oh yeah you got spam postings on some of the comics in the archives. My apologies for not writing down which particular ones. BTW wonderful Scott Kurtz jab. Its true it is OK to make fun of that 5 strips a week gamer culture idiot savant.
 IP: [ Logged ]

Email
Steve

Position: Hiyah-weizen

Took a week of getting in trouble at work, but i finally read the comic begging to end. Beautiful writing my friend if you wrote a novel i do believe i would buy it. Oh yeah you got spam postings on some of the comics in the archives. My apologies for not writing down which particular ones. BTW wonderful Scott Kurtz jab. Its true it is OK to make fun of that 5 strips a week gamer culture idiot savant.

Thanks! We've been trying to integrate some anti-spam stuff into the comments, but thats slow going since we're both overworked this summer (I got to spend more than 10 minutes in sunlight for the first time yesterday!)
Steve
In  the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower's a perfect one
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: