Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  News
| | |-+  Contest! Also: Nonexistent Journal Comic
Pages: [1]
Topic: Contest! Also: Nonexistent Journal Comic  (Read 7936 times) Print
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

Contest Details: In order to spice things up, I'm going to hold a little contest.  Your mission: To ask me questions.  Ask them about the comic, about me, about the colonization of early America, or anything else, and I will answer them in comic form sometime in the future.  If I get many, I will pick from amongst the best.  The winner  will be the person whose question I like best, for whatever reason I find to be best on the particular day of my judging.  You have until Friday 10 August 2007 to submit questions.  You may message me on the forum, post here on the forum, tell me on facebook, or write an email with the subject, "I LIKE CHEESE" so that I know you aren't sending me filthy, filthy spam.  The winner will recieve a guest appearance in the comic.  If you win, you will be asked either for a picture of yourself, or at least a very good description.  Winners may be comically mained, killed, praised, indifferently ignored by the main characters, or consumed by a walrus, but hey, at least you'll be immortally remembered within the depths of a webcomic, right?

Update: Contest is closed! Unless you happen to send me the awesomest question ever, in which case I might let it slide.  Thanks to all who entered! I'll let you know when I get it all done.

Nonexistent Journal Comic: On my long drive back from Indiana, I had a lot of time to think.  In much the same way that meteors are bad for dinosaurs, I consider a lot of time to think to be very bad to me.  The problem with having a lot of time to think is that I inevitably start thinking about the past, things that I could have done better and mistakes I've made.  The trip back from Indiana was about six and a half hours long.  You can probably guess that I got overloaded on the past.

At the time, I had decided that I'd do a brain dump and create a long infinite canvas style journal comic page to get my thoughts on paper and to be able to laugh at all that stuff that at one time caused me grief.  After the second revision of the script, I realised that I didn't really need to draw it any more.  Simply scripting it was enough to clear my mind.  However, now that the bad things were flushed, I recalled various friends and people I used to talk to in high school.  So I decided to send a bunch of people a message just asking what's up in their life and to see if I can't touch base again with various people I'd lost contact with.  Some were good friends, some were passing friends, some were merely people I enjoyed talking to.  I lapsed from these for a variety of reasons, but maybe a few will take the time to respond, maybe I'll renew some friendships, maybe I'll grow some new ones.  And maybe I won't, but I figure I ought to try, because oftentimes we gain our perspective from our friendships, and losing something like that is a kind of sadness in and of itself.

So I urge you all to go out and see how your past aquaintances are doing.  Maybe you'll find something you didn't know you lost.  And if you know me and happen to be reading this, drop me a line.

Music! For whatever reason, I've been heavily listening to Incubus lately.  Whatever your thoughts on the band, I often feel like I can identify with the music, and because I've been fairly introspective lately, it's been resonating well with me. Plus, it helps make yardwork so much less boring.  Incubus is the kind of band I wish was around when I was in high school.  Okay, so they were around, since I saw them at Ozzfest '98, but S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is a very different kind of album than the ones of theirs that caught my attention in the first place.  I first started listening to them when Morningview came out, and that album always held a sort of understanding with me.  I think Warning is what grabbed my interest.  So, if you havent given them a listen, maybe consider it, eh?

Stories! Holy crap was this good. An incredibly frightening concept, but scary good.
Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:44:28 AM by Matt
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
E. Burns
Group: Guest
Thank you kindly, sir!
 IP: [ Logged ]

Email
The Dark Agent

Position: Soldier of Justice

This is The Agent speaking...

So, how did this contest turn out anyway?
Click and become one with your inner villain at the Intl. Evil Collective
Matt

I still need to finish deciding that.
I like cheese.
The Dark Agent

Position: Soldier of Justice

This is The Agent speaking...
I still need to finish deciding that.
In like 2108 maybe? :)
Click and become one with your inner villain at the Intl. Evil Collective
Matt

2108 seems about right. I've lost some of the questions, so I guess it's not happening now.

Maybe in the future I'll run a similar contest and not get distracted by life and such immediately afterwards.
I like cheese.
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: