Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  News
| | |-+  Incentive Art, Other Comics, and More
Pages: [1]
Topic: Incentive Art, Other Comics, and More  (Read 3674 times) Print
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

Starting Monday, there will be a piece of incentive art at buzzComix, so that when you vote, you'll actually get to see something out of it.  This month you'll get a colored version of the first Fodi comic ever.  This comic brings back memories.  I look at it now and I think to myself, "What the hell ever made me think I could draw a comic!?"  Luckily I've improved, and so my artwork no longer blinds the masses.  I've also gone and typed out the text to make it maginally easier to read, though a 5 point font is still pretty tough to make out.

So be sure to help support us by voting for us at topwebcomics here and at buzzComix here.

For those of you that read us through the RSS feed, please feel free to stop by our forums and let us know how you like the RSS feed.  Should we have it set up so that you actually see the rest of the webpage surrounding the comic?  I like the simplistic nature of the current feed, and it sure saves us a smidgeon bandwidth.

Steve took the initiative to change the comic navigation style a bit, and then I came in and tolde him I didn't like it.  So we compromised and Now you've got a new navigation layout.  The series title is now a link to the start of the series.  The rest is the same, more or less, it just looks different.

Lastly, I'd like to point out a few other eyeskream comics whose archives I've made it through recently.

Chooken is a brilliant little comic about a cute assassin chicken and his friends.  The early archives are a little rough to get through (they reminded me of my early archives, only of a higher quality), but the pace and quality really begin to excel around the Douglass Finn series in the prologue.  However where it really shines is in the new Part 1 series, which is comprised of only ten comics currently.  The artwork and storyline developed so far in Part 1 is amazing in my opinion and if you are looking to start reading but are intimidated by the prologue, start with Part 1 since you don't necessarily need to read the prologue to immerse yourself in this world of bird assassins.

White Hot Lightning Masters (Of Love) is a pretty surreal experience that tells the story of... well, it tells some story at least.  The contrast makes the black and white art very interesting.  The humor itself has the scent of an acquired taste, but it's one I can pick up very easily.  The archives aren't too expansive yet, so it's not to much of a bear to work your way through them.  Check it out.

Commissioned is a great little comic about fantasy roleplaying.  The artwork is wonderful and the jokes are top notch.  There's not much else to say except that it is a must read.

That's all I have to say today.  I'll be sure to stick some more mini reviews and links up in my next news post.  Enjoy!
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: