Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  Writing and Artwork
| | |-+  Nudity/Incentive
Pages: [1]
Topic: Nudity/Incentive  (Read 6961 times) Print
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

The topic line is the only catchy part.

Recently, you may have noticed a lot of naked bloody clones in the comic.  Thisi s because some idiot (me) thought it'd be an interesting plot point.  But I'm not here to really talk about how tiring it's been repeatedly drawing naked, bloody cloneladies.

While there have been a lot of naked bodies lately, I've remarked to myself that drawing them hasn't really been difficult. They've all mostly just flown onto the paper from my pencil; something I wouldn't have expected from such a task.  I think such pracatice and ease has really helped outher aspects of my drawing lately. Especially the clothed figures that populate my work.

When I draw a piece of non-comic work, I usually start with a nude fram and then draw the clothes on top of it.  I rally probably should start with a skeletal style fram, but I'm way too lazy to draw something quite that many times.  I started a drawing of Celes From Final Fantasy 6/Final Fantasy 3us last night while watching Bones and Lost.  The nude frame went onto the paper rather easy, except for the right breast (Well, the one on our right; it's her left breast), which I had to redo the curves on a few times.  This was al ittle silly-seeming, since I don't think any of its curves will survive until the final drawing, but I digress.  I'm really just trying to note that it's interesting to me how practice in one style can really suddenly improve artwork in another style.

Plus, the celes drawing features the best damn face profile I've ever drawn.  The initial pencil sketch will probably be available as an incentive tomorrow (Friday) or Monday.
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
mkinyon
Position: Drinker of Beast Ice

it's interesting ... how practice in one style can really suddenly improve artwork in another style.

I think it's more interesting that you can draw and watch TV at the same time without messing up your drawing.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile Email
minignome
Position: Lesser Justice

I watched Bones once, it was not a good experience.

Although she said something along the lines of "They both have the same markings on their nebriums."  From the visual aids I assumed it was located in the chest area but my friends and I laughed saying that you could slip the word nebrium into all kinds of great sci-fi/fantasy settings...

"Captain, the ships nebrium supply has been drained.  We need to go down to the planet's surface and find some more nebrium"

etc.

Woah, that digressed.  I actually just wanted to know if I just caught a bad episode of Bones and should give it another shot.
Matt

I get a lot of drawing done while TV is on.  It's good background noise at the very least.  Sure, drawing solws down a bit if I'm interested in the visuals but it's surprisingly productive.

I haven't encountered any bad episodes of Bones really.  The science is mostly correct, since she really does know all that stuff and so forth.  Sure the holographic-style computery thing they use at least once an episode to show details/reconstructions probably doesn't exist, but the rest is prett cool.

Plus, they tossed a frozen pig through a woodchipper in one episode. Now that's what I call awesome.
I like cheese.
Steve

Position: Hiyah-weizen

Yeah, I like the show too.
Steve
In  the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower's a perfect one
mkinyon

You ought to experiment to see how your drawing style (or content) changes as you watch/listen to different shows. I'm thinking maybe PBS Kids shows, eh?
Matt

I'm sure there is a thesis in that idea for some lucky grad student.  Personally, I'm afraid of it.  I mean, I might draw while teletubbies is on and suddenly channel Satan.  That'd be a tough one to explain to people.
I like cheese.
mkinyon

I might draw while teletubbies is on and suddenly channel Satan.

I think the Satan Channel is commercial, not PBS.

On the other hand, if you've ever sat through the breaks between the kids' shows, then you know that PBS is commercial too.
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: