Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  News
| | |-+  Celes Pencilwork Done
Pages: [1]
Topic: Celes Pencilwork Done  (Read 5509 times) Print
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

I finished up the pencil work on the Celes drawing (Though I may add gloves or a bracelet still).  I should hopefully get the lineart done by Monday.  You can see the completed pencil sketch by voting here anytime on Friday (PST).  You can also see the previously completed Lara drawing by voting at buzzcomix.

And now, a bit of a boring ramble:
Is it me, or has Pete Abrams been waffling an awful lot lately?  I enjoy Sluggy Freelance, but ever since Oceans Unmoving II I've found myself deing confused by strips.  His work seems awfully disjointed lately, jumping about from place to place without a decent flow to it.  Half of the strips (not an exaggeration) have left me saying or thinking, "What?"  Take today's strip for example.  What's going on? I think I understood it after I sat and stared at it for about a minute and a half, but It doesn't make much sense as to why schlock seems to be running after Gwynn.  The whole story doesn't seem cohesive.  Please Pete, give us some plot flow you were always so good at writing.
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
Group: Guest
Because they're both blind as a bat, so don't actually know where the other one is?  :D
 IP: [ Logged ]

Email
PeterDracos
Position: Aimless Driver

That's exactly it.  Gwynn can't see a thing without her glasses, and Schlock is right now completely blind.  So he's running from her, and she's chasing him, only because neither of them can see they're doing it backwards.

I believe it's gonna be really short stories for a while, though.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile Email
Matt

I got that, but it still took me too long to get it, and it didn't flow well, and because of that, it didn't seem very effective to me.  Right now he does seem to be doing short stories; it's just that he's doing a few at a time, and jumping haphazardly between them.  I dunno, his sense of timing and flow just seem to be off.  I doubt that'll last though, and I'm sure he'll get back into things. It just seems like he doesn't know what to do before his next bigger storyline.

Also, I'm working on Celes penwork now, in case anyone actually cares about voting incentives. Stupid time is always thwarting my initial plans to get things done earlier.  That will be up no earlier than Tuesday night, thanks to lack of scanner in the vicinity.
I like cheese.
foidulus
Position: Aimless Driver

Somebody needs a visit from Mistress Wenzel, the master of grammar because you have been a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad Buchwald!
ever Accepted Nancyless Chinese Yodels Whilst Imbibing Lovely Lagers Yet Our Undying Mores Always Residually Run Yesterday So O.K?
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile Email
Matt

Meh. Grammar fixed up.

After all I said about Sluggy, I liked the past two strips a lot.  They weren't overly funny or anything, but it makes me really think he's latched onto his direction now.  Even if he keeps jumping a bit, I think It's going to converged a bit shortly.
I like cheese.
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: