Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  Comic Reactions
| | |-+  Dripping Sarcasm
Pages: [1]
Topic: Dripping Sarcasm  (Read 5257 times) Print
minignome
Position: Lesser Justice

Great drawing in the third panel of todays strip, you could easily remove the text bubble from the guy on the left and still know that he's giving some kind of sarcastic remark.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile Email
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

I sat around thinking, "Gee, how can I be more expressive with this style of eyes I changed to?" And that's about what came out of that question.

Any thoughts on hands? (There's a hand thread below this one that is very lonely.)
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
minignome
Position: Lesser Justice

I'll have to go back and check the hands in the actual comics, but I have to tell you that I really dislike the hands in the incentive pen art of Sally.  I can't remember if she had claws but they just look kind of funky as they are right now.  As is she looks like she could be Aquaman's girlfriend.

It might be a question of relative size, I'm not sure.  Her fingers are a good bit longer than her palms.

Looking at todays comic I think that the hands are fantastic.  The same problem of relative size is there but much harder to see and it matters much less.  Knuckles or some type or break might make for a more realistic turn of the fingers but I don't know if they really fit into your artistic style.

Time for some work I guess.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile Email
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

I was trying to make them look a bit grotesque, so maybe I got them looking right if that's your reaction.

The points are just a stylistic choice for zombies with me right now.
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: