Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  News
| | |-+  Tendonitus
Pages: [1]
Topic: Tendonitus  (Read 5523 times) Print
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

Saturday night, the day before I was supposed to leave on a business trip, my foot (which had been i a bit of pain here and there for much of the week) decided to swell up.  After sleeping on it (ha ha), it was still swollen in the morning, so my wife and I braved the snow (we got to slide into a ditch... which really was more of a hill than a ditch) and drove to the ER so I could actually see a doctor (since I was going to leave at 5 for Ohio).  After various waits, and after they determined that it was not an infection and not a blood clot (ultra sound gel is really bleh when you fail to wipe it all off afterwards), they settled on it most likely being tendonitus, since all the really bad things were rulled out.

So now I am not allowed to work until wednesday at the earliest, and the foot is in a splint, and all of this is very not conducive to drawing.  The business trip was sudden, so I had asked for emergency guest strips, but like most short-notice things, I only got the one.... which you see today, drawn by Jared.  you should go check out Head Injury Theater now.  Fun stuff.  Since I can't easily draw (since I can't prop my foot up at the drawing table, comic updates this week will be spotty at best.

In other news, the RSS feed has been broken since we upgraded the forum, because the feed is still trying to pull news from the old forum, which, well, doesn't exist. We'll get that fixed up.. sometime.  Hopefully a soon sometime.  Maybe I'll make that tomorrow's mini project, since I can prop my foot up at my desk.

Cheers!

Update: Foot looks less swollen now.  Also, I commented out the news part of the RSS feed so that at leaste you can see the strips.

FF XII Update: Ancient Man of Mystery is the best hunt ever!  I am very pleased that they used his theme from FFV as the music for the fight.
Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 09:35:34 PM by Matt
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
Shawna

Position: Reality TV

I had tendonitis in my wrist once, but it didn't swell all up or anything.  The foot thing sounds scary!  I'm glad it's better now.  :)
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

Oh, it's not better.  It's still swollen.  It doesn't really hurt at all, unless I put pressure on it in the wrong way, but it's still pretty obnoxious.  I get to see an orthopedist on Friday.
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
Shawna

Position: Reality TV

Oh, it's not better.  It's still swollen.  It doesn't really hurt at all, unless I put pressure on it in the wrong way, but it's still pretty obnoxious.  I get to see an orthopedist on Friday.
I'm sorry.  They gave me a cortisone shot and made me rest it and it got all better.
  I hope they can help you out.
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: