Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  News
| | |-+  My Computer Hates Me
Pages: [1]
Topic: My Computer Hates Me  (Read 3687 times) Print
Matt

Group: Administrator
Position: Ninja with Hair Loss

So I tried to scan a filler strip (I was busy this weekend) to put up for monday.... TWAIN->Aquire failed to load my scanning software.  Oh well. I rebooted thinking this would fix the problem (the few times this has occurred, rebooting worked).

It didn't.

It fact, it didn't work so well, that Paint Shop Pro 9 failed to actually get past the loading of JascCmdFile.dll.  Between when it worked and when it didn't work, the only thing I did was install the Java SE 6 JDK and JRE.  I uninstalled those...

Still didin't work.

I uninstalled PSP9 and tried to uninstall PSP8, but the uninstaller for 8 told me some file was corrupt.  I reinstalled 9.

It worked.

I tried the scanner...

It didn't work.

I uninstalled/reinstalled the scanner software (rebooting in the process).

Scanner software and PSP9 now both don't work.

I did a scan of the disk... various file allocation cross links and blunders.... including some from PSP8, PSP9, Norton Antivirus, and a windows callback function that... guess what, my FTP program and my scanner softward BOTH USE.

So I'm a little fucked in the water right now, and not in a good way.

I don't know how long I'll be disabled, but hopefully I can get it straightened out early this week.
-------------------------------
I like cheese.
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: